Monday, April 30, 2007

It's been a long weekend!

This weekend my husband and I help out at the relay for life. This is an event to raise money for the cancer foundation. It is basically were you are sponsored to run laps of the race course, just like in school, but instead of one hour, you are given 19hours!! So they started at 2pm on Saturday and finished at 9am on Sunday. There are games and entertainment all night to keep people going - and basically, even though its tiring, its lots of fun.

I was only there till midnight helping out the kids and keeping tally. It rained down when they started running and so every one was very cold and very wet. But they kept at it. I was so impressed with them. They were in grades 9 - 12. To give up a weekend to do this to raise money is phenomenal. I think on average each of our students raised about $100 each, we had 40 students so they raised close to $4000!

I managed to get a layout done also just a random photos one of my husband.